Day in Javea to meet my cousin


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Valencian Community » Jávea
March 5th 2022
Published: March 7th 2022
Edit Blog Post

Today we had a plan so got up at a far more reasonable time, showered and out to the car by 9.30.

A visit to Javea / Xabia to visit my cousin who now lives there. Satnav was very good and took us right there along the local roads at first and then we picked up the motorway down to the coast. A lovely catchup as not seen Gillian since we visited her in July 2010 when we were on our way back from Scandinavia and she was living near the Hague. Also met her lovely dog Kita and her husband who we haven't for even more years, when they were in the UK.

Hugh then took us on his 10 cent Javea tour which took in the mirador views down over the town and some impressive windmills. Then down to the seafront for a drink and to the Pueblo for a rather super Tapas lunch. So much better when you have someone fluent in Spanish and knowledgeable about the dishes on the menu.

Then back to the house for a while before heading back along the very scenic route to the campsite to get back just before dark.

What a lovely day and how good it is to meet up with your friends and relatives you've not seen for years and to be able to pick up as if it were yesterday, even if a bit of catchup of information was needed.

We were lucky with the weather as it was fine there and back though we did get a bit rained on in town. We know though that worse is to come in the way of rain so just thankful it mainly held off for our visit.


Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.133s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0926s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb