Valencia has a Vibe!


Advertisement
Europe » Spain » Valencian Community » Valencia
September 27th 2021
Published: September 30th 2021
Edit Blog Post

When we got off the train in Valencia, Spain we received a very warm and familiar hug from the humidity. It felt great as one of our days in Segovia was a bit cool. Even though we know fall is knocking on the door we are not ready for these temps just yet. Our first train ride in Spain went off without a hitch, due to the fact that we've learned over the years to arrive early to avoid any missteps... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 56, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

Wine & Tapas TastingWine & Tapas Tasting
Wine & Tapas Tasting

Champagne, Olives and Salted Almonds in oil and rosemary.
Wine and tapas tasting in ValenciaWine and tapas tasting in Valencia
Wine and tapas tasting in Valencia

With some lovely company
More Tapas Please!More Tapas Please!
More Tapas Please!

Toasted bread, black olive spread, mozzarella and dried tomato.
Complex TapasComplex Tapas
Complex Tapas

Toast, cow's milk cheese, blended pork with paprika!
Our tapas and wine tasting friendsOur tapas and wine tasting friends
Our tapas and wine tasting friends

We were fortunate to be in such a great group
A sweet endingA sweet ending
A sweet ending

Valencia Wine & Tapas Tasting
Great Wines!Great Wines!
Great Wines!

We were thirsty.
Wandering back streetsWandering back streets
Wandering back streets

In search of street art
Excellent PizzaExcellent Pizza
Excellent Pizza

Grasso Napoletano
Yes....more pictures of foodYes....more pictures of food
Yes....more pictures of food

It is Valencia, you know!
A bit of gelatoA bit of gelato
A bit of gelato

The perfect ending of our day
Central MarketCentral Market
Central Market

Someone is in for a taste treat



30th September 2021

Sounds like a great trip.
Tapas, wine, art, architecture. A winning combination.
30th September 2021

Sounds like a great trip
You may want to consider popping over to Spain. It seems to be going well here. There are crowds but it is not crowded yet. We are taking advantage of this opportunity. Thank you for commenting!
30th September 2021

Yum
Looks like a great time! Isn't tapas just the best way to do a wine tasting? Like, who wants to fill up on a big hearty meal while you're sampling a variety of wines? Much better to enjoy a bunch of different little tasty dishes while you sip. I really miss that. The Spanish know what they're doing.
30th September 2021

Yum
We appreciate you reading and your comments. Indeed the Spanish have solved an issue. The tapas are a delightful treat. They do know what they are doing.
1st October 2021

Valencia
Wow great architecture and all the food pictures made my mouth water! Thanks for sharing. Take care. Be safe. ? MM
1st October 2021

Valencia
So great hearing from you. Valencia is full of great flavors. We are enjoying our first trip to Spain.
1st October 2021

Popping over to Spain.
That's always a good idea. We popped over to Majorca for 4 nights a few weeks back. We're currently in Greece (Parga for the second time). I want to go to Italy as I've learnt some of the language. I'm desperate to practise it.
1st October 2021

Popping over to Spain
Sounds like you are doing some great exploring. Have fun!
1st October 2021

I would love Valencia - But I would have bought some street art.
So great narration. It really looks like a terrific place to wander. Paella is a fav dish of mine and , although, the protein selection was "unusual" for me, I would not have passed on that dish. And if you sent me to an area with street art, I would have been describing what I had to do to ship my purchases home ! Keep wine'ing and keep blogging. Glad you are having such a good adventure. Dennis.
1st October 2021

Wall Art
Well....you would have to chip away at bricks or buy a pull-down security door in order to buy the wall art as it is done on those mediums. Kind of a fun mental image, though. We believe you and Dan would like Spain and Valencia in particular. Like we said....it has a vibe!
1st October 2021

Another beautiful Spanish city.
So glad you are enjoying all Spain to offer. I haven’t made it yet to Valencia but I’m sure to get there one day. I’ll keep the recommended paella restaurant in mind, good to have really authentic food. Enjoyed reading all about it.
1st October 2021

Another beautiful Spanish City
Spain is lovely. Add a trip to Valencia to your list next time you are in the area. Don't miss that paella.... it was awesome!
2nd October 2021

Enjoy Valencia!
I am glad you took my favourite transport - a train! To me, it's very nostalgic - the clickety clack track sound, the rhythmic motion of the car and the whole 9 yards... I can see you both are foodies! It's fun to watch Dave playing his tricks on the cooking pan! Have fun.
3rd October 2021

Enjoy Valencia
Tab, so great to hear from you. Thank you for commenting. We love the train rides also and will do several of them on this trip. We are foodies in a dangerous land... LOL.... many taste treats to sample. Oh and the paella was delightful.
3rd October 2021

Delightful!
Looks like your senses have had a rich bounty and your company has been good. Enjoyed the blog and photos!
3rd October 2021

Delightful
Spain has a lot to offer and we are thrilled to experience it. Thank you for commenting. It is always nice knowing someone is out there. LOL.
4th October 2021

love your update
I love learning about Spain through your pictures and descriptions. I find it a good reminder to all of us that even though you both have had MUCH experience coordinating transportation in other countries you still need to get there early and doublecheck everything. And hope US will catch up sometime with our public transportation.
4th October 2021

Catching up
The U.S. will never catch up to these other countries in public transportation. If they do I’ll be long gone by then. All the systems are basically the same but just different enough to mess with your confidence. Yes, we prefer to get there a bit early the first time in each country. Spain has a lot to offer.
5th October 2021

Old and New
Glad you enjoyed the vibe in Valencia. Calatrava surely impresses with his 21st century architecture -- a "break" from the lovely old part of the city. Traveling with you, MJ and Dave. Wish I was eating with you too!
5th October 2021

Old and New
We really liked Valencia. Lots of contrast in this city to keep it interesting and alive. Oh... and the taste treats!
9th October 2021

Paella
Awesome you visited Valencia, I've heard good things but never been myself. I also didn't know that Paella originated here and included Chicken, Rabbit and Snails, as to my knowledge seafood paella is most famous and popular. I make a great Prawn and Chorizo Paella myself ?
10th October 2021

Paella
We are learning a lot about paella on this trip. The key is getting the bottom layer crispy. Post photos the next time you make it.
9th October 2021
Save the Baby

Save the Baby
Sometimes there is an image or a song that reminds one of a time and place. I wonder if this image will endure in your consciousness not only of Valencia but the plight of the refugee or the displaced. Extraordinary image!
10th October 2021
Save the Baby

Save the Baby
You are correct that some images stay with you a long time. A message delivered on the walls of Valencia. It was a stunning image.
9th October 2021

Winging it
"We enjoyed wandering aimlessly one day, taking photos, sitting in cafes enjoying a beverage and watching people." That's the joy of travel for us also. Takes planning to see the sights but also making time to smell the flowers and watch the World go by.
10th October 2021

Winging it
Watching the world go by gives a glimpse into the culture and never more so than on this trip because of the few travelers. We are able to clearly see the locals in their every day world. Thanks for following along.
25th October 2021

Valencia
I've not been to Valencia. Thank you for taking me on a tour of this vibrant-looking city. The architecture and food look amazing! Interesting to read about your delving into public transport. Coming from a public transport place myself, I feel similarly unnerved going places without it! Glad you were able to get the right train in the end. And nothing beats the great vibe you get when you hit it off with a good tour group. So good to read about your continued travels through Spain. Thank you for giving us all that little bit more confidence to get out there and explore again ☺
25th October 2021

Valencia
Valencia has a great deal to offer..... new and old. Well worth the visit. It wasn't difficult to navigate the train but we lacked confidence in the beginning. Our tapas tasting was marvelous and the group indeed added to it. Thanks for commenting.
9th November 2021
Cathedral de Valencia

We would enjoy Valencia
We haven't been to Valencia so thank you for this introduction to this city. I can see that we would enjoy it there. It very much looks like a place we enjoy going to. /Ake
10th November 2021
Cathedral de Valencia

Enjoy Valencia
Valencia turned out to be one of our favorite towns. I liked the contrast of new and old. Very nice town. I hope you get there some day.

Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 19; qc: 33; dbt: 0.0768s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb