Our First Visitors


Advertisement
Europe » Spain » Valencian Community » Valencia
September 19th 2018
Published: September 19th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Aug 19th to Sept 19th: We have vacated the AirB&B and now we are full time in the apartment. Every day we walk to the grocery store which is about 2 km away and the dollar store. The dollar store is the local cheapo place to buy housewares. We now have a good portion of cheap plastics, tools, and cleaners. We don’t expect this stuff to last long but then again, we don’t need them long. I clean... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 29, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

Top of the MountainTop of the Mountain
Top of the Mountain

You can see Kathy and Kathi at the top of the mountain. I asked if they received any important messages while they were up there. Kathy said she got one message to "dump that old guy you're with." I asked if she had been seeing someone besides me and she said "No!" Hummmm!!!
Gaudi DowntownGaudi Downtown
Gaudi Downtown

This is a building that Antoni Gaudi designed that is located on the Rambla in Barcelona. You can see from his architecture what someone means when they say, "That's so gaudi."
Placa de CatalunyaPlaca de Catalunya
Placa de Catalunya

Business district and one of the busiest areas in Barcelona.
La RamblasLa Ramblas
La Ramblas

La Rambla is the shopping area of Barcelona very similar to Rodeo Drive in Hollywood. Lots of money changing hands. Kathy and I have found out that the stuff you buy for hundreds of dollars in areas like these are only worth nickles in a yard sale.
Sagrada La FamiliaSagrada La Familia
Sagrada La Familia

That is not a cross at the top. Its the Nevada State Bird as we called them in Las Vegas...the tower crane. The La Familia is now scheduled to be completed in 2023...wait no 2026...I'm sorry, in 2024...wait. Very similar to government projects that I have worked on before. Just keeping up with the scheduled completion date takes a full department of highly paid people.
Parc de la CiutadellaParc de la Ciutadella
Parc de la Ciutadella

Created in the 1800's, this park is home to the Barcelona Zoo and a number of other large and impressive things including several notable fountains, water features and buildings. There is even a live concrete Mastodon. I would have gotten of picture of the mastodon but he wouldn't quit hiding.
Placa de EspanaPlaca de Espana
Placa de Espana

Kathy and I stayed near here during our previous excursion to Barcelona. We thought that it was notable enough to bring our quests.
Spanish NativesSpanish Natives
Spanish Natives

This trio of spanish people were so notable, I thought I would take their picture. They asked me for money and when I refused, they asked me for directions. I told them "Doble a la izquierda."



19th September 2018

Excellent blog!
What a nice read. Thank you for putting so much wonderful information in your updates! Really enjoyed the pictures... reminded me if the trip I took thete with Kathy. Have you been to Montserrat yet? Thank you for sharing Russ!!
20th September 2018

What a Nice Day
We just finished a bike ride and Kathy and I are sitting on our patio listening to a cellist practice. School just started back which includes the Berkley School of Music across the street. Apparently a number of students live in our building. So far I have recognized a flute, oboe, cello and violin. Their are some vocals too.
20th September 2018

AMAZING!!!!
The pictures (and narrative) are AMAZING!!! We were impressed to see you both are quite capable tour guides! One thing, did you find it hard to stay within a budget while touring Barcelona? Or do you have that down pat too? Cheers! S&P
20th September 2018

We don't Need No Stinkin' Budget
We ain't got no money. Kathy says she has s charge card and she is not afraid to use it. Seriously, we shared an AirB&B, took the train, and try not to eat out much. So the entire trip was affordable. When all you do is walk, the only real expense you have is shoes.
19th October 2018

Finally Catching Up
I purchased a new computer today and was able to get caught up on your blog. My old computer died and it was difficult reading everything on my phone. Truly enjoyed catching up on your new adventure. Spain is wonderful. The architecture is amazing.
21st October 2018

Glad to Hear
I'm glad to hear that you are back online. Spain is wonderful. Living here is an adventure for us both. Everything is so different but yet the people are the same in so many ways. New toys are always fun.

Tot: 0.121s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 5; qc: 41; dbt: 0.0859s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb