Spain Day 18


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Region of Murcia » Cartagena
January 12th 2019
Published: January 12th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Pretty late getting away today, after filling up with water and gas, emptying the loo, AND using the onsite van wash.
And when we did move, it was initially only as far as the ENORMOUS "Eroski" store across the way. This wasn't, as it sounds, a Russian sex shop, simply a very big supermarket. The sort we have in France, with lots of other businesses in a kind of arcade.
So, coffee first, while checking the money - only to discover that EDF, those nice electricity people, had decided to take the whole of last year's underpayment at one go. That'll take a chunk out of the tax rebate we just got! Thank You, Lord, for providing that first!
Then shopping, to stock up the cupboards and fridge a bit.
When we finally left town, we made for a caravan accessories shop for a few bits we need, only to arrive at 14.00 and find it shut until 16.00! Decided we can manage without those bits for now.
Wanting to try a bit of proper wild camping, we made for a spot called Playa Islas Menores, which we'd found on Search4Sites.
It's a lovely quiet (in January!) spot, by a beach. There's a marina just along the shore, and quite a few houses, but mostly unoccupied during the winter.
1605km now, so just 41 today.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.25s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0516s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb