Days 38,39........and now back where we started-Haro!!


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » La Rioja » Haro
June 26th 2017
Published: June 26th 2017
Edit Blog Post

IMG_4908IMG_4908IMG_4908

What are those strange grey things in the sky?
Yesterday we visited Valladolid.....Graham wanted to pay a visit to another of the towns where"Sharpe" is set!! To be honest, it hasn't

Got much else going for it!! We wandered the Plazas and took photos of the various ancient churches and watched the Sunday ritual

of Spanish families promenading -the ladies in their posh frocks and the children all scrubbed and turned out in their Sunday best!!!

I've also noticed the number of sons taking their elderly mothers out for coffee or lunch on a Sunday, so, Adam, Olly and Ben, dad has said he'll quite happily draw up a Rota for you to take me off his hands?

Today we headed back to Haro in the beautiful Rioja region, for our last three days, before we set sail from Bilbao on Thursday. We were warned when we arrived at the site that 200 "young people" had arrived for a wine festival over the next few days and that he'd told them the rules......and we think he then made a hasty retreat!!!

We're glad to report we've had some quite heavy showers but the sun is again blazing down and it is 28 degrees.....coming down, to acclimatise us for our re-entry to uk!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

20170626_16131920170626_161319
20170626_161319

The 200 who've arrived for a wine festival!!!! I think they've moved on here from Glastonbury.....hope the music is as good?But whoever saw a festival where the tents are in regimental rows???? We're joining them later tonight!!!!


Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0574s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb