Day trip to Haro


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » La Rioja » Haro
July 12th 2016
Published: July 13th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Today we are heading to Haro, a small town in the Rioja wine region of Spain which is well known for their red wines, also because where is not much else to do in Miranda de Ebro. After a little look around the town we headed to the Bodegas (wine cellar) area of town for a tour and wine tasting at Gomez Cruzado Bodega. This was a great couple of hours with the tasting of 1 white wine and 4 wonderful red wines (and the tasting glasses where not small). After this we headed back over the bridge to the town for a lovely lunch in the sun of the town square. Then it was back to Bodega Roda for a look at their underground cellar and this time tasting of 1 red wine and a couple of olive oils. We finished our visit of Haro with a lovely glass of red wine in the courtyard of Lopez de Heredia Vina Tondonia. This area was expanded in the mid-19th century by several French wine merchants who had to start importing wine to compensate for their bad harvests due to plagues the almost ruined their vines. The evening meal was at a wonderful little pintxos restaurant in Miranda de Ebro this is just a small place that only has stalls around the bar and walls for approx. 20 people but all the pintxos are made to order not reheated as in most places. This was a fantastic place and after 9pm got very busy luck we went early and got good seats.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0257s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb