Sarria to Palas de Rei


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Galicia » Sarria
June 24th 2015
Published: June 24th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Woke up early, Mike is feeling much better and ready to ride. We loaded our bikes and were on the rode at 7:30 am. Rode through the town and headed straight up on the trail. The path is a lot more crowded with pilgrims now that we are closer to Santiago. The trail climbed a good portion of the morning. Through lush trees and a rocky path. We crossed several creeks. I had to walk my bike a few times. Near the top the trail mixed some with the road. It was in the decline. At Portomarin we hopped onto the road and stopped at Gonza for lunch. It was a popular bike stop. Guys from Ireland, Holland and Germany all converged there. I am noticing there are not many women cyclist. After lunch back on the road through a few small towns down into Palas De Rei, where we had booked a room at La cabana. A nice place with cottage like rooms. They offer dinner at 7:30 pm and there is free breakfast in the morning. My favorite part of the day wass riding through several pine forest. It smelled like home!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



24th June 2015
Lunch stop with all the cyclist

end is near!
hola! Sounds like your last leg of the trip is serene! Santiago here you come! Hugs, so proud of your accomplishment! Love you

Tot: 0.255s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0514s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb