Arrival


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » District of Madrid » Madrid
January 7th 2011
Published: January 7th 2011
Edit Blog Post

So I arrived today around 8:00 in the morning (local time here, so about 2 am there). The program that UF uses was super organized. They had a man waiting in the airport with our names on a card, he then drove us straight to our apartment and a lady met him there. She showed us up, gave us our keys etc. The building is very cool and probably in the best location we could have asked for. Our view is amazing, we are right near a lot of pretty parks, shopping districts (including Plaza Mayor), and the Palace!. The apartment itself is really great also. It's three bedrooms, 2 baths (I'm living with two really nice girls from UF: Kristen and Alanna). We have a very spacious living room, kitchen with washing machine, and most importantly a patio with the view. We didn't stay in our room much today, we immediately wanted to go out exploring. We walked and walked, ate lunch, and then went to a supermarket which was probably one of the funniest shopping experience of my life. Trying to say/find peanut-butter was very difficult. Then without thinking we bought a fair amount of groceries that we then had to tote back to our apartment (think huge bottles of water and wine). We stopped probably about 20 times to rest, but the view of the Palace was amazing so it wasn't so bad. We then took some extended siestas and are going to be ready to leave for the bars at midnight (that's normal for them).


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



8th January 2011

hi honey
Sounds great, I am soooooo jealous...have a blast and of course, my famous words.....BE CAREFUL!
9th January 2011

glad to hear from you
sounds like alot of fun (especially the part about going out to the bars at midnight). Keep the blogs coming. Enjoy every moment. Love, Aunt Robin
10th January 2011

Kasey On The MOVE
Your room is nicer then any you have ever lived in except for the Colonade maybe. Great first day where you buy wine, sleep, and then go out to drink wine. What could better that routine? All sounds wonderful to me regarding view, location, room size, and best of all two great room-mates to share it with. Stay in touch and be careful. xoxoxo,Dad
11th January 2011

Madrid - my honeymoon location!
Hi Kasey, It's fun to keep up with your blog in Spain. How exciting. It brings back memories of John and my honeymoon which started in Madrid. We never got that 1-4pm siesta down though. We were always prowling the empty streets and wondering why everything was closed for the entire afternoon. The Prado was fantastic, which I'm sure you'll see. Loved the Spanish eggs with tomato sauce. I forget - is there any college going on, or just fun! Kidding. Enjoy every moment.
14th January 2011

we are jealous
Everything looks great. Please keep up to blog so we can live through your great experiences.

Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0646s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb