Spain, Madrid


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » District of Madrid » Madrid
July 27th 2009
Published: August 6th 2009
Edit Blog Post

So on to Madrid, the city is sprawling but at it's heart it's got a real rustic old charm to it, cobblestone street and big Plaza's where there is always entertainment of some sort going on. Got to visit the traditional home/palace of the King and Queen, they don't actually live there but is still used for formal functions and important occasions, the amount of gold inside that place is scary, we weren't allowed to take photo's unfortunately.

Sampled some of the local food including a treat called Churro's (i think), basically tastes similar to a doughtnut but they give you a cup of melted chocolate to dip it in, fairly tasty treat.

Stopped off at the bullfighters stadium which apparently is the second biggest in the world, these fighters are still heroes of the people and they make a very tidy living off it to. Unfortunately due to changing times and opinions the spectacle and the sport of bullfighting will die a long and slow death, whilst still very popular amongst the older spaniards, not so much support from the younger generations.




Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.039s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb