Toledo and Corboda


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Castile-La Mancha » Toledo
July 28th 2009
Published: August 6th 2009
Edit Blog Post

On our way to Corboda we stopped off at this amazing little town called Toledo, nestled into the side of a hill on a steep incline, it's also famous for two things, one is being the home of the writer Don Quixoti and secondly their history of being amongst the finest sword makers in the world, even King Arthur was rumoured to own a sword from Toledo, to this day the local blacksmiths are still churning them out the old fashioned way, being in one of their stores was like living a childhood dream!

Moving onto the Cordoba the first thing that strikes you about this town is all the tiny little alleyways, you could easily get lost for a day just wandering around taking it all in. This town is heavily influenced by their Muslim past (in the very early days of Spain it was controlled by Muslims) and also Jewish mosques, the one thing that is unusual about Spain in general is how many different religions have lived together for such a long time in relative harmony.

We also got the chance to relax in the local hot baths, their are three pools, you start in the warm one before progressing the hot one and to finish it off you have a dip in a cold one, apparently must be done in this order to improve blood circulation, we all got a 15 minute massage to finish off, not a bad way to spend a night seeing as though a few of us by then were in dire need of getting rid of some toxins!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 32, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0564s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb