VILANOVA IL GELTRU - FULL OF LIFE AND FUN


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Vilanova i la Geltrú
July 23rd 2017
Published: July 23rd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Ivans kind early morning ride required coffee real soon !!Ivans kind early morning ride required coffee real soon !!Ivans kind early morning ride required coffee real soon !!

On the Ramblas principal we found a great coffee and sandwich shop 3 euros about $4.50 can for a wonderful coffee and a 1/4 baquette with ham and cheese , no bacon and eggs or toast in Switzerland or Spain .... yikes but getting used to it , and losing weight ( BoB !!!)
Our time with Ivan was over, so we moved a short distance north of Calafell to our new lodgings at The Gatell Hotel in Vilanova. Our sweet host Ivan kindly drove us right to the door with our bags as he works in Vilanova. This worked out perfectly for us. A nice little hotel with a pretty bar and restaurant in the lobby area. Our ladies at the front desk are very helpful and Sweet. Rooms are simple but clean and we are blessed with A/C and overhead ceiling fans. We settled in and took a breather (quick nap) and then off to explore the area.

Off to the Rambla Principal - pedestrians only Main Street with many shops and open air cafes. This is where the action is. Lots to see and do. Our weather continues to be perfectly sunny and in the low 80's. How lucky are we? Walking around is easy and we stop for the occasional bottle of water or mojito depending on our mood. There is a constant flow of people walking, talking, drinking eating in the cafes. Many people have small dogs and they are all so cute! Makes us think of our Ozzi
Town centre which we walked thru every day Town centre which we walked thru every day Town centre which we walked thru every day

A beautiful centre with statue and clean , clean, clean. As it turned out we saw many events from movie nights to rock band nights to a festival weekend here .....
back in Buckhorn.

We understand the beach is a longer walk and we will investigate that later in a day or so. In the meantime there are many different little side treats to explore and shops to investigate. So much to see.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

This Donkey wouldn't talk to me !! Busy I guess This Donkey wouldn't talk to me !! Busy I guess
This Donkey wouldn't talk to me !! Busy I guess

A little working donkey promoting the upcoming weekend three day festival that we lucked into !!
A beautiful Restaurant with awesome architecture !A beautiful Restaurant with awesome architecture !
A beautiful Restaurant with awesome architecture !

We havent tried the food but Im sure we will !!
Vila Nova BeachVila Nova Beach
Vila Nova Beach

Tomorrow maybe but I kinda fear it . The front desk told me there were a lot of topless ladies on the beach which is very normal. But for me the urge to stare might be difficult ( just saying I'm still just a regular guy ) ....... :)


Tot: 0.245s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 8; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0509s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb