CALAFELL - SUNNY DAYS - BEAUTIFUL NIGHTS BY THE MEDITERRANEAN


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Calafell
July 22nd 2017
Published: July 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Calafell, SpainCalafell, SpainCalafell, Spain

Tapas with Ivan
Our days in Calafell (pronounced - Cala-Fay) were sunny and warm. We enjoyed getting settled in to our new surroundings and being in Spain with a limited command of the language. Warm days in the 80's are not hard to take. Ivan, our host, was very kind and helpful to us. His knowledge of English was limited but somehow we managed. He taught us to be "trankeel" (calm & tranquil) and when things go wrong it is "catastrophe" (catastrophic!!!).

He told us to prepare to go out for Tapas for dinner when he returned from work In the evening. During the day we figured out the neighbourhood and took a little walk to the supermercado to pick up a few supplies. We also worked on our blog and relaxed from our day of travel.

In the evening we were taken by Ivan to a local Tapas restaurant - interesting small plates of foods - sardines, calamari, potatoes, fish and chicken. Authentic Spanish food.

Following our Tapas Wayne and I took a beautiful walk to the beach and enjoyed the warm evening air. A wonderful promenade with many people out strolling in the evening air. Many sweet little dogs too. The water was warm when we dipped our feet into the Mediterranean Sea for the first time. A lovely way to end the day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Calafell, SpainCalafell, Spain
Calafell, Spain

Ivan, our host, and Deb
Calafell, SpainCalafell, Spain
Calafell, Spain

Evening on the Mediterranean Sea - lovely ?
Calafell, SpainCalafell, Spain
Calafell, Spain

Strawberry ? Mojitos on the beach
Calafell, SpainCalafell, Spain
Calafell, Spain

Ivan our host - super Host
Calafell, SpainCalafell, Spain
Calafell, Spain

Ivan our super host!
Calafell, SpainCalafell, Spain
Calafell, Spain

Seafood Tapas Feast!


Tot: 0.241s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0459s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb