SWITZERLAND TO CALAFELL, SPAIN


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Calafell
July 18th 2017
Published: July 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Swissair 321Swissair 321Swissair 321

We got to sit across the aisle on a zed fare !! I can't tell you how much it cost us . Lets say it was very reasonible ...lol
After an early start out of Baretswill, in Switzerland ?? we drove about 40 mins to Zurich Airport (the Flugenhofen Zurich) to drop off our rental car which got us through the Alps safely. Once inside the airport, we checked in and off loaded our bags and then on to flight security check in. Zurich Airport has many lovely stores for shopping, it was almost like a shopping mall In North America. We cleared security then walked a long walk to our gate. We were seated on the flight across the aisle from each other which worked out just fine. Arrived by Swiss Air to Barcelona today. Brief flight from Zurich. Only 1 hour, 20 mns. Once in to Barcelona Airport we made our way to the Mon Bus and with a little guidance from a friendly lady, we made our way onto the correct bus to our Air BNB. We were actually earlier than planned so sat at an outdoor cafe until our host Ivan returned from his day of work. Ivan met us and got us settled into our nice tidy room. His place was immaculate and had the bonus of a nice balcony to sit out on.
I could have taken dozens of picsI could have taken dozens of picsI could have taken dozens of pics

Beautiful ultra modern airport !!

Ivan wanted to show us the sights of Calafell so we hopped into his car and he took us on a driving tour of the area along the beaches and to see all that Calafell has to offer. It is definitely a beach community with many hotels and condos facing to the Mediterranean Sea. We strolled along the promenade and enjoyed the sights and sounds of people on holiday. It was very trankeel "tranquil" as Ivan liked to say. He does not speak English very well but somehow we managed to communicate nevertheless. He is a fun and sweet person who was extremely kind to us throughout our stay with him. He wanted to make sure we had a great visit to his area in Spain.

ivan took us to his favourite Chinese restaurant for a very nice meal and then we wandered back out to enjoy more beachside walking In the warm Spanish evening air. It's a very pleasant area and we thoroughly enjoyed getting to meet Ivan and learn about the Calafell area. He is a great host. We then headed back to our apartment for a good nights sleep after a long day of travel, planes,
Mon Bus Mon Bus Mon Bus

The only way to travel , when you want to meet locals , frugals, and the view !!
buses, cars, etc. Adios for now.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.245s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0427s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb