Embarkation Day


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Barcelona
June 14th 2014
Published: June 6th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 41.3879, 2.16992

We slept in a little today and then headed to the Executive Lounge for breakfast. They had eggs, bacon and fruits along with pastries and meats and cheeses. We sat on the balcony and looked at the sea.

Before we headed out to the ship, I need to run across the street to get some Euro from the ATM. After a having a few issues and having to call American Express, and make three trips to the ATM, I was able to get some cash.

I then went back to the hotel, we got our luggage and then headed to the Executive Lounge to check out. There was some sort of issue and it took the host in the lounge almost 30 minutes to check us out of the hotel.

We grabbed a cab and after about a 10 minute ride, we arrived at the port, our passports were checked, we went through security and got in line to check in. While we were waiting, they paged that zone 1 was boarding so, as soon as we got our Key to the World Cards, we went onto the ship.

Everyone thought that the changes to the Atrium Lobby were nice and we wandered to Cariocas for lunch. The redo of this restaurant was a hit, everyone thought that it looked great.

After lunch we wandered the rest of the ship and then headed to our rooms to drop off our carry-on bags. Our luggage arrived shortly and we unpacked, and then went to the muster drill.

We made quick trip to the medical center so Nikki could make arrangements to have her sutures removed later on in the cruise and then went up to the sail away party. It was a beautiful, sunny day and the party was hopping.

After we sailed away it was time for dinner. Lumiere's was our restaurant for the night. It was the Welcome Aboard menu. We met our servers: Widi our Assistant Server and Mizar our Server. They are both great.

Dinner was good and afterward we went for our usual walk on Deck 4 to work off dinner.

Nikki decided she wanted to see the show tonight so we all went to the nighttime show which was the welcome aboard show.

Then we went to our rooms to turn in.

Dinner

Ric: Calamari, Mango and Papaya Soup, Mesquite Chicken and Fresh Fruit with Sabayon Sauce
Nikki: Bruschetta, Mango and Papaya Soup, Linguini with Shrimp and Apple Tart Tartin
Regan: Calamari, Salad, Linguini with Shrimp and Apple Tart Tartin
Kelsie: Moroccan Eggroll, Mango and Papaya Soup, Halibut and Apple Tart Tartin


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



16th June 2014

What sutures? !

Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0273s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb