Our Pre-Cruise Day in Barcelona


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Barcelona
June 13th 2014
Published: June 6th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 41.3879, 2.16992

Our plane from Atlanta landed a few minutes late at 8:45. We got off the plane and through customs really quickly and then had a wait for our luggage. They told us their commitment for luggage was 40 minutes but, they beat that.

The front pocket of Kelsie's suitcase was ripped off in the journey from Salt Lake City so we had to make arrangements for Delta to repair it once we get home.

Then we met our driver who loaded us in his van and drove us to the Hilton Diagonal Mar. We had two rooms and Regan & Kelsie's was ready so we went to their room and freshened up a little before heading to the Executive lounge for a snack. Then heading out for the day.

Our hotel recommended spending the day on the Bus-Touristic "hop on, hop off" bus. There is a stop right outside the hotel. Using recommendations from the hotel, we worked our way through Barcelona seeing many of the sites from the bus and a bunch from the street. It was warm today and really sunny so all of us got a little sunburned but it was a nice day.

By about 4:00 we were pretty worn out so we found a place to eat dinner called Emperador which was right on the waterfront. We had several tapas plates. What a great way to spend our night in Spain. We then headed back to the hotel for a quick snack then to shower and settle in for the night.




Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 11; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0286s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb