Barcelona


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Barcelona
March 14th 2006
Published: October 26th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Went to Barcelona with my cousin Sheleen. Had a great time with her and did lots and lots of walking!!! Got to see most of everything I wanted, but at least it gives me a reason to go back to see the things I didn't get to see!

So we landed in Reus Airport and made our journey to the city to our hotel. Left our bags in our hotel room and started off straight away... no time to lose!!! Started in the Gothic Quarter at the Cathedral of Barcelona which was beautiful!!! So much detail, so much to look at!!! Walked down lots of alleys and small cobbled streets and saw a lot of entertainers on the streets doing their thing! It was surprisingly hot, so it was pretty packed!

Walked all the way from Gothic Quarter to the Arc de Triumf to the Sagrada Familia. Was closed when we got there, but just looking at it from the gates was amazing!!! Now you want details it had it! It was fantastic!!!

Next day started early at Park Guell! Was amazing!!! It was definately one of the best parks I have been to so far. I was so excited to see the lizard at the stairs. I remember seeing pictures of my friends kissing the lizard thinking I am going to one of those people who do it too. As we went up it got better and better, from the curly seats to the built pillars to Gaudi's house... I could of sat there all day watching the people coming and going...

Next we took a train, which I might add was the fastest trains I have been on ever, to see Casa Mila (La Pedrera). The outside was nice and curvy and in the roof was different but great! I can see why people like to just sit there! And the weather being nice made it even better! We walked aroung the apartments and everything was beautifully old! Then it was onto Casa Batllo. The line was too long, so we didn't go in which was same. Next time definately!!!

Next thing was the best because we went back to the Sagrada Familia and walked up the stairs which at times was annoying because we had to wait for people to move or come down the stairs. It was great finally being there and it seeing all for myself! It's always different when you see things for yourself, it gives you a feeling of accomplishment! Every detail was different but beautiful!

Then it was onto the National Montjuic. MORE STAIRS!!! Our legs were absolutely burning after all the walking we did!!! But when we got to the top it was worth it! Great view down!!! Unfortunately the fountains were not going to be put on that day, which was very dissapointing!

Finally we went to Las Ramblas and walked around and did a bit of shopping! Started getting a bit chilly but still crowded and entertainers still out entertaining us tourists!

Final day was home time after a bit of last minute shopping....


Additional photos below
Photos: 78, Displayed: 24


Advertisement



Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 18; dbt: 0.021s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb