Cake in York


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » North Yorkshire » York
February 18th 2006
Published: March 14th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Christine's B-Day just passed and Gem & Gee organised a surprise trip for us to take her to York. It was quite amusing because everytime a sign was coming up on the motorway, we would cover Christine's eyes. It also helped that Christine is practically blind!!! There were 7 girls in total so it was a good ride upto York! A bit of singing, reading & knitting in the backseats. The trip took fairly long, but it worth the wait when we got there!!!

Walking to the Shambles area, it so reminded me of Hogsmeade in the Harry Potter movies! I wanted to find Owl's in cages for sale and broomsticks flying in the air, just a bit of wishful thinking!!! I found the town very warm and I loved the outside detailing and how the shops were all close together and the cobbled roads we walked on!!! We especially liked the Fudge shops!!! They were delicious!!!

We stopped at the market because we found a stall selling cheap wool and I happened to need some wool because I was running out at home, so I stocked up on some!!! Sad or what?!?!? Wool in London doesn't come cheap though! We also stopped to look at a photo shop because we were all debating whether we should take a group photo together as characters or not! I wanted the Harry Potter group photo! In the end we choose not to do one because of the time and hassle it would take to develop and pick up etc.

Then we walked up to The Minster church which was beautiful! Again, lots of detailing work and the sun was shining down on it!!! We didn't go in the church, but we stood a while to admire it! Then we walked down further past the church to find somewhere to eat! We ended up in a traditional Fish & Chip shop which was yummy, but I still prefer my chippy down Portobello Market.

We started making our way back to the Castle with a stop over at Fudge Kitchen for more fudge. The stairs were a killer to walk up especially after all the walking and eating we did, but it was all worth it when we reached the top! It was pretty late, so the castle was closed, but we still managed to have a lot of fun up there just taking photo's and laughing! I was jumping from the railings, with Gem trying to take a good shot, but it wasn't happening! My sister would of killed me if she was there for jumping in the first place. (I know she had something to say when she watched the video of our trip at Gem's house).

Vicks & Gee disappeared to get the cake, and they were taking forever, but we realised in the end that they had lit the candles where the car was so they were trying to stop the candles from being blown out, so they were walking very slowly from the car to the stairs, then very VERY slowly up the stairs to Christine! We had to sing Happy Birthday slowly! We couldn't stop laughing which helped, but you had to be there to feel all the fun we were having!!!

We were all shattered after the trip but it was another great day out...


Additional photos below
Photos: 27, Displayed: 24


Advertisement

Which picture to take???Which picture to take???
Which picture to take???

We couldn't decide whether or not to take a group photo or not and if so, which theme! I wanted Harry Potter because York reminded me of Hogsmeade.


Tot: 0.254s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 20; qc: 107; dbt: 0.181s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb