Sven and Jen explore the Catalunya coast of Spain


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Barcelona
June 16th 2016
Published: June 21st 2016
Edit Blog Post

It has been almost two years since Sven and myself have checked in and done any worth while traveling. We are currently checking in from Barcelona, Spain! We set out on our journey from San Francisco, Ca and headed to Europe With a short lay over is Düsseldorf, Germany. We arrived in Spain shortly thereafter, about 10pm. We decided to rent a car (for reasons that will later make sense) and head to our AirBnB located on the border of the gothic district. Side note; Sven has been to Spain about 12 years ago on a high school trip and this is my first time out of the country (I know, crazy). Anyways, we had a tough time finding our sleeping location due to barcelona's tight streets, unfamiliar location, and having little idea of how the road signs are posted it took us close to two hours to make it from the airport (google maps estimated about ~20minutes if that gives you any idea of the number of wrong turns, one way streets, and narrow "streets" that were encoutered). Finally we arrived, close enough to walk with all of our luggage and headEd off by foot to find our AirBnB. We finally find the street. Then we find the numbers leading up to it. Then we find nothing in the place where out host said it would be. Fail. It is now close to midnight with little idea what we are going to do. we almos panic but Sven decided he is going to call our host. May I remind you that we have been traveling +14 hrs and have just spent two of those hours circling neighborhood, when randomly a group a guys walk by. I take a second look and realize that amongst those guys is an old friend from high school whom I have not seen in +3years. I am halfway across the world and run into someone I know within the first 2 hours of being in Barcelona. Who knew. Our Host quickly found us in the street and we were overjoyed. And tired. We unpacked, hit the nearest Tapas bar and then hit the hay. It was a long day.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.177s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 12; qc: 65; dbt: 0.1485s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb