Happy as a clam!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Washington » Belfair
August 9th 2014
Published: August 11th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Day 33 and 34- Packed up quickly and headed east for a family reunion on the Hood Canal in Belfair,WA. First things first, it was so great to have a long hot shower after five days without one! Shortly after, my dad, stepmom Vicki, and more family arrived. It was a lot of fun to see everyone. We kayaked, paddle boated, ate, drank, and enjoyed each other's company. The next morning, we ate a delicious breakfast and waited for even more family to arrive. While waiting, some of us dug for clams while the tide was out. Nothing better than harvesting your own fresh clams and enjoying them with family! Fabulous tradition 😉 Sadly, it was time for our adventure to take the turn back towards home. Sven and I packed up the car and some clams, said our good byes as more family was trickling in and we hit the road for the 10 hour drive back to good old Chico,CA.

Day 35- Due to pit stops at outlet malls for back to school shopping we managed to get home at 2am Sunday morning. Talk about your long day. It was nice to come home and sleep like a rock in our own bed. We invited friends over this afternoon and shared stories as we indulged in fresh clams. Although we missed the big clam feast in Belfair with the family, it was fun to create our own with a few close friends in Chico. All in all, we had a fabulous 5 weeks on the road together, drove at least 4800 miles(according to google), and at least 82 hours in motion. Personally, I would add on a few miles/hours for wrong turns, traffic, and detours. It has been a summer neither one of us will ever forget and I am glad that we were able to share it with all of you. Thanks for reading!


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Happy clamsHappy clams
Happy clams

(minus Sven and Jen because we had to hit the road)
Sunset kayak Sunset kayak
Sunset kayak

Thanks Lauretta/Johnny for the photos!
The routeThe route
The route

~4800 miles and ~82 hours in motion (at least)


11th August 2014

Reese's S'mores
What a beautiful trip and I really enjoyed reading about it. The biggest thing I got out of it: I have to try those S'mores!! That and I really want to go up to Washington. Love to you both!

Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 68; dbt: 0.0464s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb