SPAIN


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Barcelona
May 13th 2005
Published: May 17th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Hey Guys,

so now we are in Spain, Barcelona was fantastic. A city with a ton of history and a great culture.

We stayed in cabins in a pretty interesting campground. One of the funniest parts has been the 747s flying overhead as we are literally a 90sec drive from the airport and so you have to stop your conversation every 2 mins because of the planes flying over head. Pretty funny.

As well there is an interesting stench that would come and go... we were on a beach but we weren,t allowed to swim in the water... The hookers working the highway outside the campgrounds make for interesting scenery as well. Oh well we were only there two nights...

There was a great store there that sold €1.90 wine which was awesome, so that and some good company made for some fun... even with the plance4s flying 200 ft above us - lol

In Barcelona we took a walking tour with our guide Anna, did some shopping, and walked along Las Ramblas- which had street performers, shops, vendors etc.

That night we went for dinner with a group of us from the tour to a small tapas bar. We met this American guy who worked for Howard Deans election campaign (he gave us campaign balloons to prove it) and i think he was pretty lonely because he bought our entire table several rounds of sangria, wine and tapas. delicious, and a very good nigh! next it was back to France, we ll try and send some more updates soon...



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

More SpainMore Spain
More Spain

Christopher Colombus pointing to land.


Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0326s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb