Back to France


Advertisement
Published: May 23rd 2005
Edit Blog Post

Cannes Film FestivalCannes Film FestivalCannes Film Festival

On the red carpet...
Well once you see the picture below, we ll save you the trouble and just tell you now that YES, that is Kevin Bacon. And is you saw Bridget Joans Diary you,ll notice Colin Firth was with him also.

After leaving Barcelona we headed back into France and we both agree this is one of our favorite spots so far, Cannes and Nice.

We loved it here... We again stayed in tiny cabins but they are clean and warm so it works.

So again after we arrived we just had some more cheap wine (amanda is slowly getting a taste for wine... hehe, possibly because its the cheapest thing around?) and played some cards...

The next day we took the train into Cannes and lucky for us the International Film Festival is on. So we got some good pics near the red carped and checked out that scene. Then we went to the marina to look at the yachts that are probably 30 times the size of the wooden cabins we are staying in, so cool. We saw a group of paparazzi hanging by this fence near the back of the Festival building. On the way back we saw the group raise up there cameras and start shouting, so we went up to the fence and caught Kevin and Colin (yes we are on a first name basis) and some chick Amanda said was from the tv show clueless.

After that we caught a little train tour around the city and up on this hill with some amazing views. We had some great pizza in a cafe and then went to the beach.

The beach was gorgeous, with gold sand, bright blue water, we definitely killed several hours just hanging out there and wading in the mederterranian. We got lost going to the train station (first time we really had no idea where we were going) but that wouldn t be the last time either haha...

We found two other girls from our tour in the station and all caught a train that was supposed to go back to Biot where we were staying but didnt.

So we can now add Nice to the places we ve been because thats where our train went. Nice is nice hehe, atleast the train station is.

That evening we had to rush to get ready (because of our little unexpected sidetrip to Nice) because our group was going to Monte Carlo, Monoco to check out the Grand Casino.

The views from the hill roads we took were awesome. Our bus driver and tour guide bought us all pink champagne from Barcelona and we had that overlooking the med sea... just awesome.

Monoco was one of the most extravagent places we ve seen. We got a tour of the Royal Palace and grounds which also had great evening views of the city. Then we checked out the Grand Casino and went to a cheaper one (we are nt quite high rollers yet) and spent €5 each, which we lost... oh well.

Great night!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0545s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb