Beaujolais Wine Region


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Rhône-Alpes » Lyon
May 9th 2005
Published: May 17th 2005
Edit Blog Post

This was a lot of fun! We started off the evening "checking in" to our chateaux, really it was an extremely old french mansion and we stayed there with everyone on the same floor with 2 toilets for 40+ ppl. But being able to brush your teeth and look out the window at a vinery in the french countryside is priceless!

We then went to a place where wine is made and had winetasting with cheese- it was also good. We ended up buying two bottles- pretty cheap though for excellent cab- the funny part was that it was all the canadians left at the end who stayed trying to get seconds (which we did!) After dinner there was a big party themed Shock Your Mother, meaning you had to dress in a way that would shock your mom. It was good times considering the wine...

The next day there was a picnic planned for us, the reps said it was just a short walk, but the name of where we were going was called The Top of the World, so once we saw the massive hill in front of us we knew it would not be a short walk...

An hour and some later we made it up the hillside and the view was worth it, we spent around 4 hours just chilling, eating baguettes and brie, drinking wine and chatting with the many aussies on our tour. Good food, good company and a great view. one of the best days yet.

Speaking of Aussies, that is mostly who is on our tour. 70% OZ, 10% Kiwi or New Zealanders and 20% canadians... If you thought we might come back with some strange european accent think again, we,re coming back with aussie accents and its pretty hilarious as it is happening to all of the canadians because we are so outnumbered...

We,ve also learned several key terms in Aussie speak, such as:
Aussie Term followed by Canadian Term: Dunny- Bathroom, Beany- Touque, Cheweys- Gum, Let,s Smack It!- Let,s Get Pissed, Basically you take ANY word, cut it in half and at eees to the end, for example Throat Drops become Throaties... its pretty funny. Touque is one weve taught them and eh as well as the phrase me and amanda have used, for all of us running around trying to see these major cities in one day, Weve been Bootin, it! they like that one, as well as hoe down.

Anyways the Chateaux was amazing- what a great way to get to know everyone on our tour!




Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0353s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb