First day in Barcelona...


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Barcelona
June 1st 2013
Published: June 14th 2013
Edit Blog Post

So...

Everyone who I had spoken to about Barcelona had told me it was a beautiful city...for sure they were right.

We lugged our rucksacks to the next hostel (Mediterranean Hostel) AM and dumped them in the luggage storage. We had advice on where to go and had places circled on our map.

First port of call, La Sagrada Familia.

We ventured to this big beautiful church (which is still being built - only taken 200 years so far) and there was a massive queue and although we wanted to go in it was a bit ridiculous. So saw there were sight seeing tour buses and we went to check out the cost etc when 2 ladies approached me and offered me there's. Two all day tickets at a cost of 26€. It must have been about 12pm at this point and they had bought the tickets this morning at 9 so they had had their use. Bloody fantastic and how lovely!!!

Awesome! We grabbed a couple of the maps and jumped on the bus which was right there. The next stop was Guell Palace. This was free to go in and walk around. It was amazing architecture and the day was hot 😊

Next bus took us to Tibidabo Mountain, the highest view point to look over Barcelona. This was extra cool. We had to get a tram up to one level, then take a funicular up to the top. At the top they had a children's amusement park and also a giant church. Prices for food and drink were silly, just like the prices at Alton towers or any other tourist attraction.

On the bus back, we passed other sights such as Barcelona Olympic stadium, World Trade Centre and various sculptures.

After the bus tour we got some food shopping in and went back to the hostel and cooked a big veggie pasta dish (well dave did most actually, but I assisted). We had met a few German girls from our room and a guy from Canada who joined us afterwards where we sat drinking martini rosso & lemonade. The next morning, we moved hostels as there was not a room for us the next night...

I'll admit, the next morning I wasn't feeling chipper at all.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.246s; Tpl: 0.054s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.1042s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb