Day 2 - Barcelona


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Barcelona
December 30th 2012
Published: January 2nd 2013
Edit Blog Post

Good Morning Everyone! Can I tell you what a relaxing pace we are able to do with this much time in the schedule to bounce around from city to city! There are no alarm clocks and whatever we don't see today gets moved to the list tomorrow. I was so worried about the " aggressive" itinerary of 2 countries but I really can't begin to tell you that we are more relaxed than any other Euro trip we have had 😊 The only difference is that we are starting later in the day so we don't come back for naps and unfortunately - these Catalans start their evening LATE - restaurants don't open for dinner until 8-9pm.. and more commonly 10:00pm seems to be the time that everyone starts eating dinner. 11pm these restaurants are overflowing..

So anyway.. todays agenda is Sagrada Familia Cathedral, more strolling around, the Picasso Museum and a Gaudi House Exhibit.. then a late lunch at Catalan Cerverseria for some Tapas and Sangria..

We found Rome not that crowded - except for Vatican City- so whoever is not in Rome - IS HERE in Barcelona, the Ramblas is packed, the streets are full - the lines for exhibits are long. Euro Crisis in Spain - where? Not here..shoppers and diners out in full effect!!



We had a great day touring , back to the hotel early , a few drinks at the Living Room Bar. So there are a few things happening here.. this hotel is too modern for Alberto!! Despises the bathroom set up ( Laurie think Mexico!!) I on the other hand, LOVE IT! Amenties galore, spa - new clean - UBER MODERN!! 😊 he's looking for "shoe horns" and I'm playing with remotes - open and closing blinds - full panel control on the side of the bed for everything in the room!!! Lights, TV, blinds, radio - etc - COOL! Floor to ceiling windows with an unending view of the sea.. so tranquil! And.... as fast as Alberto walks and talks - is his same tactic for taking pictures - he wants to take the pics BUT for those of you that know me - this is hard for me to not control!! He is walking taking pics, not framing shots, and portrait and landscapes are off scale - grrrrr.....


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.036s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0192s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb