Barcelona Day 2


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Barcelona
May 16th 2010
Published: May 16th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Just woke up from a little nap! We are tired and almost looking forward to a day of rest on the train tomorrow. This morning we walked to the beach and ate lunch looking out into the Mediterranean. It was another beautiful day today so we decided to rent a GoCar, which is a tiny 2 seater scooter car, where the seats are side by side. It was so fun, we just ended up bombing around the city all day....and obviously got lost multiple times. The car has a built in GPS system so it will guide you on a tour through the city and talk to you about all the different buildings, monuments, etc. Josh apparently has the largest head in the city because even the xtra large helmets would only sit perched on the top of his head. He also got sunburned on his arms, neck and face because we were driving around for almost 4 hours.

On our journey we saw this church that has been under construction for over a hundred years. It's a huge building and isn't supposed to be completed until 2032. We were also able to see all of Barcelona's beaches and just got to drive around Barcelona's different neighbourhoods. We are going with some people that we met from Montreal to watch the hockey game tonight at 1am. Unfortunately no one in our room at the moment speaks a word of English so we try to avoid our room here at all costs. Barcelona just won the soccer game so tonight should be a fun night! We are off to Nice tomorrow and will probably arrive there around 8.00pm. Our friends from Montreal are also leaving for Nice tomorrow and staying at the same hostel so it should be fun. Barcelona has been absolutely amazing and we wish that we could have stayed longer. Talk in a couple days, we are about to go have some drinks on Las Ramblas! Adios!

Advertisement



17th May 2010

You are doing a great job keeping us up to date with your stories - all sounds so perfect! I am glad I didn't know about the scooter ride till it was over - glad you are both back safe and sound :) Hope the fun continues - Enjoy!! Love Mom
18th May 2010

Sounds like a great trip so far! You have seen some amazing sights. The GoCar sounds like a lot of fun! I can't imagine a church under construction for so long?? Speaking of which, my place is almost finished and I'm sooo excited about how good it looks! I'll send pics later. It's warm and rainy here, just enough to ruin a good straightened hairdo. Glad everything is working out so well for you guys. (tell Mr. fathead to put on some sunscreen!)
19th May 2010

Buenos Dias!
I'm not sure that's right but anyways, you'll be in Nice by now but it sure sounds like you had alot of fun in Barcelona. We're all doing great here and travelling with you in spirit. Love you, Mom

Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0318s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb