It's nice in Nice!!!


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur » Nice
May 19th 2010
Published: May 19th 2010
Edit Blog Post

So...our 'relaxing' day on the train to Nice turned out to be anything but. I slept in and we almost missed our train in the morning. Luckily we managed to get on as soon as it began moving off of the platform. The first train took us from Barcelona to Montpellier, the second train that took us from Montpellier to Marseille however, was a half hour late which caused us to have to run after our train that was taking us to Nice. We did not make it to the train in time and had to admit defeat as it pulled away from the station. It was very dramatic...We only got stuck a couple hours in Marseille until we finally caught another train to Nice and arrived around 11:30pm. Other than our room that looks like a POW camp, the hostel itself is really fun. The common room has really inexpensive food and drinks and the staff is much nicer than at the hostel in Barcelona. We also have a private room again which is great to relax and drink wine in at night. Instead of utilizing our private room however, the night we arrived we ended up playing cards and drinking wine until 4 in the morning with our friends that we met in Barcelona...

Yesterday the weather was beautiful so we took the tram to the beach and walked around downtown Nice. The scenery and the city itself is one of the most breathtaking I've ever seen. We walked up Le Chateau, which is an old castle in the center of the city that gives you panoramic views of the city. We also had lunch in a little outside cafe in the middle of a busy square with a farmer's market. For the rest of the day we just hung out at the beach and actually got a tan! Josh tried to go swimming in the water but it was so rocky that he couldn't go all the way in. At night we ate dinner at the hostel and then just played cards together in our room and finally had an early night!

Today we woke up at the crack of dawn only to find it pouring outside. Luckily by the afternoon the rain had stopped though and the weather for the rest of the day was great. We took a bus to a small, medevial village about a half hour away called Eze. It is perched up on the side of this huge mountain and we got unbelievable pictures from the top. After, we hopped back on a bus and went to Monaco and walked around for about an hour. We saw the huge and famous Monte Carlo Casino, with all the Rolls Royces and Ferraris parked outside, and got lots of pictures of all of the gigantic yachts in the harbour. We are about to go downstairs and eat our dinner and probably have another early night because we catch our train to Florence early in the morning, so we will update everyone when we are in Italy! Au revoir!



Advertisement



20th May 2010

Sounds like Mark and Josh have the same size head!!! It's great to see that you two are having a blast. Oh to be that young and spontaneous!! Think of you every day and wonder what you are doing, so keep the blogs coming. Love you lots, Uncle Mark and Auntie Jan... XOXO
20th May 2010

For Cabana
Hey Guys! Just thought I'd let you know that I've been printing your blogs to share for all at work. We miss you so much and love that we can get a little of your trip so it feels like we're out there with ya! I loved Barcelona when I was there, we went to both amusement parks (I was under age when I was there :)

Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0448s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb