Barcelona


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain
May 15th 2010
Published: May 15th 2010
Edit Blog Post

This blog will have to be a short one, as we have a very limited amount of time on the internet here!

Our last two days in Paris were great and the weather was finally better! We went up the Eiffel Tower, went to Notre Dame and to the Louvre. We walked around tons and saw the Eiffel Tower at night on our last day. We also had another great dinner at this little Italian restaurant around the corner from us. For the last two nights in Paris we also stayed in a hotel instead, because our hostel was booked solid. It was nice, we just played cards at night and drank multiple bottles of wine in our room. Much better than sharing a room with 8 other people.

The next day was spent on a train from Paris to Barcelona and we didn't get to our hostel until about 9.00. We had a quick dinner and drank some beer outside our hostel. After that we went out for a pub crawl with two of the girls from our room that were from New York. We partied until 4am in the morning, and had a great time.

Today we woke up very groggy, but we got up and just wandered around the city. We walked down Las Ramblas, which is the main street with all the restaurants and nightlife, and it is immediately outside of our hostel. We went the the beach in the morning as well, the weather was beautiful today, 24 degrees all day. Finally some nice weather! We saw lots of huge yachts in the harbour and took a gondola ride up to the top of a mountain where there was this old fortress that used to protect the shores of Barcelona. At the top you're able to see the entire city and shoreline, it was super cool.

For dinner we had these yummy Turkish kebabs, Josh's new favourite...he's had 2 today already, and they're only 3 euros! Not sure what we are going to do for the rest of the night, but time is up so we have to go!

Advertisement



15th May 2010

Time's flyin'
It's been a few days already and it seems like you just left. Sounds like you're getting lots of sights and activities in though. Hope the hangovers aren't interrupting the days. Be safe and have fun. So great to be able to follow along on your journey, hell, saves me a ton of money in not having to go there myself!! All the best you guys, have a great time. Dad/Bill
16th May 2010

There's no rain in Spain!
Glad to hear you got to Spain safely and the weather is good. It was about 27 degrees today and I went for my second golf lesson. We're all doing fine here. We love you and miss you, Hugs from both of us.

Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0446s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb