9th January - dinner


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Barcelona
January 9th 2010
Published: January 9th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Buenos tardes!!

We've just come back from great dinner at the Barcelona Imperial Hotel - quite a way from here - in fact I think it was 20 metres or so... well ok, it was right next door to where we're staying but oh my God - how gorgeous was it?!! It is a turn of the century - 18th to 19th century setting and abolutely fantastic.

Please find attached photos we took of the waiters, and the doorman in his top hat and tails during day light hours - very pucker (think that's English), and the revolving front doors etc that you would expect of the old expensive type hotels of that era. We loved the old Salon, with its antique French style decor and mirrors, chandelier etc - absolutely beautiful - could even see Her Majesty there... well I was there!!!

They really looked after us tonight and gave us extra drinks - to finish dinner with - as if the French champagne and French Sauvignon Blanc wasn't enough!!. The menu was very selective and the Fillet Mignon we had was one of the best meals we've had during this last month - did I mention the dessert - fruit salad and cheese cake with raspberries.... yum!. That being not enough they fronted up with a tray of 4 liquours to choose from as being complimentary. We selected the Johnnie Walker "Green" & the Limoncillo. What a way to go.... & lucky that we didn't have far to go...... such a long walk home.... and what a way to spend a Saturday night overseas and far away...

Don't read this if it bores you and hey, we had to add the people who served us tonight in here - mind you the concierge DID NOT want to be in any photos under any circumstances.

Buenos noches!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.22s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0589s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb