Ablo Espaniol? Nope!


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Barcelona
September 24th 2009
Published: September 24th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Tim Hortons FixTim Hortons FixTim Hortons Fix

Laura and Kurt - proudly showing they're Canadian
Back to London - After forcing ourselves to leave the little surf town, we headed back to London for a few days. We ended up catching the Thames River Festival - a huge event with artisan booths, food from around the world, and performers. I finally got to go on the London Eye too! Kurt, our new Canadian friend, agreed to go on it with me (so I wouldn't be 'that girl' riding alone) and he even managed to find the one little tim hortons store in all of Europe and brought Laur and I Timmies Coffees!

Madrid, Spain - We arrived in Madrid and spent the first 2 nights in luxury - a hotel room! We ended up spending a few days attending a conference (long story) and met up with a friend of a friend, Ricardo. Ricardo graciously let us camp out in his room for our last few days and even took us to his home town! At one point I ended up lost in the city for 4 hours. Ya, great fun in a city where NO ONE speaks English! Damn my lack of directional ability...and Spanish!

Valladolid, Spain - Ricardo took us out to his families country home, where we had a huge meal of Paella (rice mixed with every kind of meat and seafood possible) and lots of Sangria! No one in his family spoke english but they were such lovely people and we had an amazing time! We went out that night with all Ricardo's friends and bar hoped our way through the city! Again, awesome people that we plan to go back and visit.

Barcelona, Spain - Well we spent way more time than expected in Madrid, so had to cut Barcelona short. The city was unreal though. Absolutely gorgeous. Think gothic looking alley-ways filled with little stores and incredibly weird buildings build by Gaudi, a modernist style architect who's work can be seen all around the city. We rented bikes and spent a day just cruising the beaches, looking at the nude people (kidding! sort of...).

Germany - Coming soon....

M


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

Valladolida cottageValladolida cottage
Valladolida cottage

Ricardo's family cottage that they all congregate at for weekends or family dinners
Valladolida - new friendsValladolida - new friends
Valladolida - new friends

Dinner with Ricardo's friends pre-bar
What else would you do on a Sunday...What else would you do on a Sunday...
What else would you do on a Sunday...

...then spend 6 hours eating lunch! 6 pubs: a drink and a tapa at each. What a great lifestyle!
Barcelona - sightsBarcelona - sights
Barcelona - sights

This church has been under construction for over 100 years, and will not be finished until atleast 2080!


2nd October 2009

Cool blog
Hi LAura, I happened to stumble upon this website when looking at you FB profile. What a neat idea and a good way for you to keep track of everything you have done on your travels. I miss you and hope that you are doing well. I live in Calgary and if you are ever this way, please call me or FB me or email me. Hope to hear from you soon. Take care!

Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0227s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb