Day 5 - Barcelona Bus Tour - Park Gruell


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Barcelona
September 16th 2009
Published: September 16th 2009
Edit Blog Post

The Water Company BuildingThe Water Company BuildingThe Water Company Building

A famous building that lights up at night...it looks phallic to me!
So today we are going to be prepared! We went to El Corte Ingles and bought a universal stroller rain cover to keep Jake dry. We knew if we bought it we probably wouldn't need it, but we were willing to buy good weather for 16 euros! We hopped on our bus with the intention of only stopping at Park Gruell, a park designed by Gaudi. We hadn't eaten breakfast yet, so we decided to get off at the hospital stop to find a restaurant Brian was recommended. We didn't know the address, but Brian remembered it was really close ti the hospital. So we decided to walk a couple blocks to see if we could find it. No luck....so we called Jenn to give us the address. She gave it to us, and we realized that we were at the wrong hospital on the wrong end of town. Both hospitals has the same name...go figure!!! So we decided to walk around find something. A couple blocks down we found Mexican, Brian being a huge fan of Mexican made the executive decision that this was it!!! They even had Coronitas (Coronas)!!! I had some very interesting enchiladas that came with the meat on the plate and you I had to roll them myself with tortillas. They were tasty, just not what I'm used to. Brian had a burrito.

We got back on the bus and rode it around the city until we reached Park Gruell. Once again, strange very neat looking design. **see photos** Beautiful park...but it rained...we used the stroller cover after all!!!

After the park, we headed back to the hotel to get ready for dinner. We ate at another recommended tapas restaurant a few blocks from our hotel called La Flama. (When I mention the "recommended" restaurants, Jenn had a list of restaurants that were given to her by a tour guide) We struggled with the Catalan menu for quite a while...this restaurant review mentioned that not many tourists visit this restaurant, it is mostly locals. We were lucky enough to have an Asian Indian waiter that spoke English and gave us a English menu. We still had a hard time figuring out what was what. So Brian ordered a bunch of things that looked familiar. Gazpacho soup, calmari, croquettes, and tempura...it turned out that we had soup and 3 deep fried dishes!!! The soup and tempura were tasty...the saving grace was the tiramisu for dessert...YUMMY! No likey the tapas...oh did I already mention that?


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

Brian and Jake Brian and Jake
Brian and Jake

Park Gruell Enterance
The Horton'sThe Horton's
The Horton's

The Sagrada Familia in the background.


Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0226s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb