Barcelona....como te extrano


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Barcelona
February 27th 2009
Published: March 17th 2009
Edit Blog Post

So we arrived in Barcelona at about 8.30 at night last Thursday and proceeded to get very lost. Barcelona has three metro trains: TMB, FCG and RENFE. Well we did not know that and the directions that we took off of Hostelworld.com where we made the booking combined the bus and train directions. (Note: always double check directions.) We finally made it there by taking a taxi and discovered that our hostel was up a mountain. However the hostel, INOUT, was clean and I liked staying there very much.
We slept in the first day since we were tired from traveling and from being lost the night before. Once we were ready to go we decided on one site and that was the Museu de Xocolata. So we went down the mountain and figured out the metro system relatively easily (it's a wonder what daylight does for situations). However when we got to Barrí Gótic we couldn't locate the chocolate museum. But as the French say, c'est pas grave. After all the architecture in this city is amazing.
Liz and I ended up just wandering around taking in the beautiful city. We stumbled on this tiny exhibit of Rey Jaume 1's
Rey Juame FountainRey Juame FountainRey Juame Fountain

This is the fountain just outside of the Jaume I exhibit.
life so we went in because it was something and free. It wasn't really all that much; just a room with documents in Spanish and Catalan (the local language). Oh, and there was a movie but I don't think it really had anything to do with the exhibit or I couldn't find a connection. Mostly I just went in there because I was still kind of tired from the night before and the room had chairs.
Once we'd finished we wandered around some more and found the city park which was right next to the parliamentary buildings, the zoo (didn't go in), and near el Arc de Triomf. We strolled towards the arc and I saw my first palm trees which promptly made me a tree hugger (literally)!
After a couple of Kodak moments by the arc and palm trees we decided to head back towards the metro station and stop in some souvenir shops. However the greatest thing happened; we accidentally stumbled upon the Museu de Xocolata! We went in got tickets/candy bars and saw the exhibit. It was great all these monuments and characters in chocolate.
All in all the first real day in Barcelona more than made up for the disastrous night before.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0507s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb