Spain it´s ups and downs


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Barcelona
November 10th 2008
Published: November 10th 2008
Edit Blog Post

5th November - 10th November

We left Andorra in the morning after having another spa and headed for the shopping centre. The boys had a ball shopping. Then we headed for the hills of Spain and they were some hills. Poor old Hugo really had to struggle up some of them. Amy warns us about tolls, ferries and unsealed roads but she should also say something about steep, narrow and winding roads.

Stopped in a place called Espanola for two nights and found ourselves a wonderful lady who told us all the things to do in the area. So we visited a village called Besalu, with a bridge that was built in 1075. Then we visited the Dali musuem. The boys were shocked at his work ´- in a good way and sometimes in a horrorified way.

Next day was a run around a lake in Banyoles and a walk around Girona. All very beautiful. Then onto Barcelona where things started to go wrong. Finally found a camping ground open that charged 58 euros for the night. It was far from clean and tidy.

Went and got the tickets for the Barcelona game for the evening of the 8th. We couldn´t stay in the campground because the trains stop running at 12 and the game finished at 12. So we decided to stay in a Aires de Service. You can stay there with your campervan but it´s a parking lot with a guard. Got home from the match at 1.15 and went straight to sleep - after trying to phone home on wi fi but it was still down. The next morning we woke to find that someone had broken into Hugo as we slept and taken the computer, our camera, gareths wallet, usb drive and some of the boys games. Unfortunately the usb drive had all our photos on it so we´ve lost those. They´ve had a bit of a spend up on us as well.

We visited the police station and headed out of Barcelona to Vila nova. That´s where we are now. But today we went back into Barcelona and visited Gaudi´s work, La Rambla and bought a new camera. So the last few days haven´t been that great but things a looking up now.

But what this means is that there will be fewer blogs - sorry its just going to be harder and no more photos. Maybe Anton and I can solve this problem who knows?

Heading down the coast tomorrow. Looking forward to it.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.139s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0537s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb