Pops and I in Barca


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Barcelona
July 31st 2008
Published: July 31st 2008
Edit Blog Post

dad, I and Barcadad, I and Barcadad, I and Barca

This was one of the stops on the tour bus.... Barcelona at our feet.
Barcelona! What a city. Dad and I took the highspeed train from Madrid to Barca (as the locals call it) and it took 2 and a half hours. I slept most of the way (we left at 7 am), but dad was looking out the window, snapping pictures of the landscapes the whole time. I kept forgetting that everything here is so new to him!

Anyway, when we arrived we checked into our cute NH Hotel and then headed to this huge mall to look for a computer dad could email mom with. The mall had a road going right through it! Anyway, we couldn´t find a comp so we decided to head downtown. We got help from a slightly strange man, but either way, he led us to the tour bus that we wanted to take. We basically spent the day being toured around the city. It was gorgeous! There were new things to see around every corner. Gaudy designed tons of buildings throughout the city which were awesome to see.

That night we walked along the Med Sea for a while and then discovered this fountain show. It was SO nice. There were lights and music and it was a full production. Apparently it happens every night in the summer. We were so glad we discovered it.

The next day we did alot of walking. We wandered through the narrow streets for hours. We took alot of pictures. Dad even convinced me to buy a straw hat! haha. Then at lunch we sat and watched this street entertainer for hours. He was throwing these strange objects up in the air and catching them on a string. Dad and I were so intrigued that dad actually went up to him when he was packing up and talked to him. It turns out he was from Quebec and he was in juggling college! His requirements for his school were to travel through Europe and entertain for a while!

When the time came to catch our train back to Madrid, we weren´t ready to leave. There was still so much more to see! However, dad still had a few more days here in Spain and we had more cities to see.

Overall, we had an awesome time. Thanks dad 😊


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Fish MarketFish Market
Fish Market

Mmmmm. Fish. The eyes have extra protein! ;)
Under the seaUnder the sea
Under the sea

We went in a huge aquarium and travelled right under the fish...
La RamblaLa Rambla
La Rambla

La Rambla was the number one tourist street. There were thousands of us!
The tilly hatThe tilly hat
The tilly hat

We were in a cute courtyard in a huge cathedral. Dad put his famous tilly hat on me for some artsy pictures...
Gaudy´s CathedralGaudy´s Cathedral
Gaudy´s Cathedral

Gaudy began building this huge church, but didn´t live to see it finish. Its still being built now...
Crazy buildingCrazy building
Crazy building

Here´s another funky building by Gaudy


Tot: 0.202s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0393s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb