tapas dat flamenco!


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Barcelona
April 2nd 2008
Published: April 2nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

hey everyone

so ive done it! ive escaped cold england and made my way down to sunny spain...and i LOVE it here..its so pretty and different from anywhere else ive ..i may have a new favourite destination...so far not much has happened...i woke up early this morning with amber ...my oz friend who is with me..who was surprise surprise not letting her country down by any means and was still pretty hammered when i dragged her out of bed....we ran to our shuttle bus that we almost missed but made it to the airport with plenty of time...we flew ryanair...so sketchy discount airline...apparently planes have like expiery dates and companies sell them after so many years of use....ryan air buys those planes....they have also been dubbed ryanscare...but it sure is cheap!!!!!! wooo hooo i heart discounted airfares! so only a quick 1 hour and fourty minutes i was in spain! we had a great view of the alps while we were landing...we made it in to barcelona and from the bus station i managed to navigate myself and my hungover little compadre through the streets of barcelona to our hostel...with a MAP! not even asking anyone anything! i was pretty impressed with my navigational abilities let me tell you...once we got in i went for a tapas snack...something called a spicy bomb...like mashed potates breaded and frieds i guess with meat inside and a spicy sauce on it..and a spanish omlette which had lots of potatoes in it just like mum makes! yum! i went to lunch with this girl from belgium i met who doesnt speak much english but likely my french came in handy but again....then i was the lucky recipient of a hot shower and now im here filling you all in! the hostel here is very nice clean and high tech maybe one of the best ive been in so far and its really close to all the main areas....tonight im going to a flamenco show where everyone dances all spanish...it includes a tapas dinner and sangria....tomorrow im going to do a spanish cooking course where i dunno what im going to learn but ill learn to cook spanish something!

anyways sending everyone lots of love

hope yyour packing well mom and dad....soon itll be your turn to update me

love you lots

gen
xoxoxoox

Advertisement



Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0457s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb