Edvantura en Espania


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » Hammersmith
April 1st 2008
Published: April 1st 2008
Edit Blog Post

hey everyone

so as you can see by the title of my blog....i'm trying to brush up on my terribly broken spanish...because i'm going to SPAIN! yes..thats right i decided to take a stand against this cold unbearable spring like weather and am escaping like a true brit to spain! i fly out to barcelona tomorrow morning and come back on saturday...and then i fly back to canada on sunday! i'm going to have a busy week that's for sure!

so the past few days have been quite busy...

after the last blog i went up to my room and was talking to my new roommates and i was babbling on about my purchases (while modelling them) as well as talking about my plans to potentially go to spain and i was like "so does anyone wanna come to spain with me?!" and this oz girl, amber, pipes up and says sure! then we went downstairs and booked our tickets...a.fter booking them we exchanged names and now we are officially friends!" hahha..seriously...thats kinda how it happened! so the next day i did a tour of london square..the one square mile that the romans estabilshed as londonia or something to that effect...we essentially saw a bunch of places that had been built and rebuilt on the account of multiple fires pretty much burning everything in london down....after the tour amber myself and mark (another ozzie amigo i've acquired) went to a pub for lunch then just wandered the streeets...we endded up at the tate modern art museum where we saw "THE CRACK" litterally a crack in the floor supposedly symbolizing racism and seperation amongst human kind and a bunch of other crap like that! we then walked over london bride and then went back to oxford street for a bit more retail therapy to tide me over until barcelona!...today i got to sleep in a tiny bit and i did a tour of the TOWER OF LONDON..its like 1000 years old it was built by henry the concquerer (a french man) and its where many kings and queens lived and were executed over time...very very cool..thats where we saw the Beefeaters too..those guys off the gin bottle...anyways to get dressed up like that they need to serve 22 years in the military...but they were very informative and gave a great tour! after that we went on the mission of life to try and find food and got lost..then we went to harrods and to kensignton palace as well as hyde park...quite a spectacular day thus far...

and now i'm off to pack for spain...apparently you need to pay more to bring a bag of luggage so me and amber are splitting a bag...we also have lots of laundry

anyways i best get to it!

love you lots and look for my spanish updates soon to come!

gen
xoxoxo

Advertisement



Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0497s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb