Day 2 in Barcelona - now with photos


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Barcelona
January 28th 2008
Published: January 28th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Parc GuellParc GuellParc Guell

View from the top
so when i left you i had just got settled into the hostel here in Barcelona after a long walk down the waterfront. i ended up meeting a few people here who were really nice. a few australians two brothers from melbourne(one who is at the same faculty as me), a girl from sydney and another guy from noosa. i also met another guy from california who has just finished his construction management degree, what are the chances of that?

anyway i spent the first night playing drinking games, chatting and having fun. it was a really nice change. we ended up finishing up at 3am when the lounge closed. the next morning was a slow start but unfortunately i can´t sleep in, so i was up at 7am and have been feeling pretty tired all day. we all had breakfast together and then headed out to see the main sports centre here. it was unfortunately nothing special but i did see Ronaldino (spelling?) when i was there. i must admit that i didn´t know who he was but i do now! after that it was a quick metro trip to Parc Guell in the north of Barcelona which is a very beautiful park designed by Antoni Gaudi. it is based on organic principles and is quite unusual. not sure if i like it but i can appreciate it for what it is an what it meant at the time.

after that we all ended up getting separated and had some fun conducting search parties to find missing people. we reformed the group in the end and decided to head down to the beach while the sun was still up. it was 20degrees today and it was so nice. on the way down to the beach we were drawn into a restaurant that had really nice seafood. we had mussels, calamari, octopus (which i ate) and sangria. now i know sangria is for tourists and highly inflated in price, but we all really enjoyed it and it went really well with the seafood.

we have now returned to the hostel and i think it will be a much quieter night.

Tomorrow i will try and get to see some of Gaudi´s other work and then if i have time, head to the beach. after that i will just relax and enjoy the good company here.




Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0599s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb