Goodbye Paris and Hello Barcelona - now with photos


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia
January 27th 2008
Published: January 27th 2008
Edit Blog Post

I landed in Barcelona at about 2pm. it was a bit of a shock to the system as i definitely couldn¢¥t understand any Spanish so i was reduced to sign language and pointing to words i had written down.

I caught the aerobus to the metro station and then the train to pretty much right out the front of the hostel. the hostel is a nice change to the one in Paris. it is a lot cheaper and there are a lot of people around that speak english! yay!

My first afternoon entailed just wandering around. i went past the maritime museum and then found my way to the street markets. from there i could smell the sea so i kept walking and found the Barcelona harbour. i spent about 4 hours walking down the boulevard and back. it was so beautiful. the smell of the ocean the warm sun and everyone just having fun and relaxing. i am in love. we shall see how tomorrow pans out but my first impressions of barcelona were pretty good.

I think tomorrow will be spent doing the touristy thing and checking out as much of Gaudi¢¥s work as i can fit in.

Unfortunately i can¢¥t upload any photos so that will have to wait until i get to Rome probably.

Until next time


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Interesting LandmarkInteresting Landmark
Interesting Landmark

i think this was in use as somethin at some stage but i am not sure what. it looks amazing though.


28th January 2008

Barcelona sunshine!
Danni - it must be so good to feel the sun on your face after all the winter weather you have had!! Enjoy every moment in Spain - enjoy the adventure! Travel safe love Trish xx
29th January 2008

Jealous
The beach and the esplanade look fantastic, so beautiful! And I'm sure after being 'landlocked' in Delft (so to speak) it would have been great to see the beach and feel the sand in your toes!
30th January 2008

it was great and as i said it reminded me of all our great times in Geelong. x

Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0704s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb