Vale Vale Vale


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Barcelona
January 21st 2008
Published: January 21st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Vale Vale Vale....

Spanish lesson of the day: People here throw the word Vale into everything. It means alright or OK, but they say it consistently, so if you are ever in Spain you will fit right in. So whenever my Spanish has disappeared I usually throw in a lot of Vales.

Anyways I hope this blog finds you well. As promised, I am bringing a new blog this week. It was a great week as far sights and I now can call Barcelona my own. This week, I made a visit to the Picasso Museum which was tremendous. Picasso grew up most of his childhood in Barcelona and the museum chronicled his life. It was very interesting to see the different styles of art he did from classical to landscapes, sketches, pottery, so many different pieces of art. He did not get into cubism, which he is famous for, into later in his career. A great exhibit for that was his parody of 44 paintings of the famous Velásquez's Las Meninas. Sorry no pictures here cameras were not allowed.

I also went to the aquarium, which was interesting. They had multiple "tunnels" where the fish and sharks are swimming all around. It was no Shed Aquarium in Chicago but definitely worth it. Check out the pictures and also the movies.

Last but no least was my trip up to Parc Guell. Parc Guell is a city park instituted by the government in the early 20th century and was designed by Gaudi, who is a modernist architecture with a strange way of thinking and highly religious. Barcelona had quite a modernist movement and the park is truly beautiful to see the whole city and the mountains. See pictures and movies from this trip.

Anyways hope all is well and hope the USA is surviving without me. Take care.

Hasta Luego




Additional photos below
Photos: 29, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

View from Parc GuellView from Parc Guell
View from Parc Guell

Check out the video also
P1180301P1180301
P1180301

Gaudi building and sea


Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0252s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb