barcelona


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Barcelona
September 3rd 2005
Published: September 3rd 2005
Edit Blog Post

i'm definitely back in the reality of travelling (no longer holidaying)!! i arrived here on thursday night after a full day of flying. oh by the way, i flew with virgin express (equivelant of virgin blue) and i had a 3 hour stop over in brussels. it was good to get back to belgium again. not that i saw any of it. i was hanging for some belgian chocolate again but a box the same size that i bought for 3 euros in brugge cost a very affordable (not) 15 euros. no belgian chocky for me. how sad!! flight was ok. no tv though. no food either. so it was pretty terrible actually. luckily i had a good book - my 3rd dan brown so far. yesterday wasn't the best day. didn't get much done. i didn't feel at all comfortable walking around for some reason. today was much better. i did a bike tour!! it was great fun. i saw lots of the sights, with a good group of people. went to the sagrada familia. that place is amazing. they've been building for 120 years, and it's only 20% complete. rediculous!!! it's so weird because it was half done by gaudi, then he died, then there was a fire and they lots all the plans for it. so now theis other architect has taken over, and it's completely different on the other side!! we went to the beach too. i think i'll have to go back - maybe on monday. i leave here on tuesday morning - back in the comfort of busabout!! that's about it for now though. it's all good. barcelona itself is a strange city. kind of dirty in some parts but then really nice in others- i'm in the dodgy part. yay!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 15; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0321s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb