leaving now


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Barcelona
September 5th 2005
Published: September 5th 2005
Edit Blog Post

park guellpark guellpark guell

the park designed by gaudi. lots of amazing architecture intergrated with nature
the past couple of days has been quite good. i think i've seen most of barcelona now. yesterday i went to see traditional catalan (the region of spain that barcelona is in) dances. they weren't that good. actually, quite boring. i was expecting some kind of traditional costume but the dancers were all about 70 yrs old and wearing normal casual clothes. the band was really good though. they were playing traditional music and had some weird instruments that i hadn't seen before. so that was a highlight. the rest of the day was spent wandering around the city, shopping at some awesome markets that i stumbled across. i also went to the picasso museum. it had lots of his paintings, but none of the really famous ones. today, i went to park guell. it's this awesome park that gaudi designed and it has a very man-meets-nature feel.the buildings are very fairy tale like - all curvy and dreamlike. lots of mosaic too. wandered around there for a few hours and as i was leaving i met this guy from the bike tour the other day. very random. we then went to the beach for a few hours. not the best beach in the world, i must say. it was really dirty water and had all sorts of rubbish floating around. i managed one swim and then was turned off very quickly. oh well, i'll have to wait til lagos, portugal for a decent swim now. that's about it for barcelona now. i leave tomorrow morning - off to valencia.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.122s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0586s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb