Hello from barca


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Barcelona
February 4th 2007
Published: February 4th 2007
Edit Blog Post

okay so since my last entry in morocco i have been to madrid and now am in Barcelona. The two cities in my mind are chalk and chesse. Madrid is a bit of a hole, dont get me wrong it has a really nice palace and gardens, but other than that its nothing special. Its in the middle of the country and not fantastic. Having said that the best thing that it has going for it is the night life, the only really good part. THey have these 'tapas' bars and basically u just drink and they leave all this food on the bar to eat, it was great.

Okay so now barcelona. I really like this place, its far better than madrid thats for sure. Its right on the coast, only half the population, beatiful architecture and really nice ppl-the nite life is not quite as good, but it is their winter. As i said its a beautiful city and is already one of my favourites. Today i went up to have a look at the old olympic games precinit and went into the stadium which was cool. Its the first olympics i remember so it was good to have a look around. We only have one more full day here then me and sarah have a break from each other for about a wk. Im going to Nice next and to go up to monaco which im looking forward to.

So hope all is well back in Australia, im missing the cricket bad, actually had a chat to a bangleshy guy in a supermarket about world cricket. Thats how desperate i am!

anyhow im well and having a great time.

James

Advertisement



11th February 2007

Hi James from Nan
It is great to hear what you are doing and lovely to see your photos. I have been to look at a venue for my 80th birthday next week and we have chosen an italian cafe in Carlton - Cafe Italia. I am sure it will be a great evening and will miss you being their. Bye for now. Look forward to chatting again soon. love Nan

Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0495s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb