TOUR 2 – Great Iberian Tour – FRI, 10 JUN 2022 – Day 11


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Catalonia » Barcelona
June 10th 2022
Published: June 21st 2022
Edit Blog Post

TOUR 2 – Great Iberian Tour – FRI, 10 JUN 2022 – Day 11: Barcelona city tour. “Spanish Village” visit and evening transfer to Las Ramblas district. Today we will explore Barcelona, an impressive city right on the Medi­terranean Sea. Starting by an informative city tour with a local expert (note: If the group has fewer than fifteen people, explanations can be given by our guide.) We will also visit the city’s historic central area with its Gothic neighbourhood dating back to the Middle Ages. We will visit the area where the Olympic Games took place. We will also get the chance to see La Sagrada Fa­milia Basilica, the masterpiece designed by the architect Gaudí. Following this, we include the entry ticket to visit ‘Poble Espanyol’ (meaning ‘Spanish Village’). This open-air architectural museum is situated in one of the most emblematic areas of Barcelona. Enjoy the Spanish craftsmanship and discover the architectural styles, traditions and folklore of the different regions that make up Spain. You will then have some free time to explore the city at your own leisure. In the evening we provide a transfer to Las Ramblas and the Plaza Cata­lunya area for dinner, where you can choose from a wide variety of restaurants. We will return to the hotel in the late evening.



NOTE FROM UNCLE LARRY: The Magic Fountain of Montjuïc show was impossible to capture in a still photograph. If you are in Barcelona on a Friday (so I was told, every Friday), it is worth the effort. If your near-term plans don’t include Barcelona, I’m sure the full-length version is available on the web.


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement



Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0305s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb