Just strolling !


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Canary Islands » Tenerife
February 19th 2019
Published: February 20th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Another short stroll from the hotel.

It's a little bit cloudy today (Tuesday) so an ideal time for another little stroll. There really is nothing much to see to the left of our hotel but it passes the time!



Directly on the pebble beach there is a shack type abode looking quite derelict with a small fishing boat outside, I wonder who lives in a house like this? There is a man standing on the rocks with a fishing line so maybe the house is his, I will just have to wonder!



The black volcanic rocks are all shapes and sizes, some worn smooth from the pounding of the waves, other quite rugged in texture. One was flat enough to rest my camera for a selfie. The ground underfoot was just a bit too rough for Mr.M who decided to skip the stroll this morning.



A large villa sits on a plot overlooking the sea, quite a contrast to the little shack a few yards away so now I'm wondering who lives in a house like this?

There is a car in the driveway so it must be inhabited. Peering through the iron gates you can see a garden that needs a little care & attention but with the high walls it is difficult to see further.



This area of Tenerife is certainly not known for it's sandy beaches as you can see from the photographs.

There are few people about, no doubt visitors are preferring to sit around their swimming pools or venture further afield to find the sand.

I quite like all the pebbles with their rough & smooth textures although not so easy to walk on when wearing lightweight shoes.



The waters are quite busy today with jet skiers, a catamaran, replica viking ship & the ferry arriving from La Gomera. I imagine the sea is quite chilly for swimming although it looks like one or two are going in from the catamaran, brrrr not for me.



Without more interesting things to see I wander back to the hotel through one of the small garden thoroughfares back down to the promenade and into the hotel with its welcoming ceramic murels.



The sun is now out and so we enjoy our lunch sitting in the sunshine, time for a swim before a relaxing afternoon.


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0394s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb