Statues


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Balearic Islands » Minorca
October 19th 2006
Published: October 26th 2006
Edit Blog Post

One of the highlights of the trip was Brookey and Fizzer playing practical jokes on all the old folks in the hotel. Every morning they would get our mascot Georgina the tiger and put it in the elevator. They would then send it down to the ground floor and sprint down the stairs. Most days they would get down to the foyer and see some old hens with their mouths gaping open looking at what they thought was a real tiger. Priceless.

A few of us spent the late morning watching West Indies beat Australia in cricket while the others went out shopping.

In the afternoon we went down and saw the four teams that weren’t in the final play off for the plate final. One of the teams had some pretty funny rules, they were only allowed to do silent appeals. Also if the captain called ‘statues’ then only the bowler was allowed to field it. Was pretty funny watching the bowler have to run out to the boundary with a fielder standing right near the ball just watching.

All afternoon we played football on the courts against some locals, and then later on a game was had against the Stretton lads. One of their lads Wellsy had been talking up their boys all week, so it was good to give them a beating and let Wellsy know about it.

The evening was spent down in the local square at one of the bars watching Liverpool and Chelsea in European football matches.



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0423s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb