A serious total from Rampside


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Balearic Islands » Minorca
October 18th 2006
Published: October 26th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Longy Gives Brookey Send OffLongy Gives Brookey Send OffLongy Gives Brookey Send Off

We played another friendly, which saw Longy clean up Brookey
Another morning of lounging around, with people playing table tennis, pool and foosball. (I don’t think Brookey was happy with the 9-0 thrashing I dished him out in foosball).

The selection committee of Wilco, Jacko & Longy had an easier task of picking the side for the semi final because both Jacko & Spraggy had injuries. We had a knock around in the nets whilst the other semi was being played.

Our side batted first again, and changed the order around a bit with AB and I opening. We got off to a good start because they bowled plenty of wides. AB got a tough LBW decision, which bought Wilco in. We managed to both retire, and the lower order all chipped in leaving us with 122, the highest total of the tournament. This total proved to be well enough as we won easily. The highlight of our bowling innings an awesome caught and bowled by Wilco.

Our win ensured us a final show down with the Northern Nomads who we had lost to in the first match.

We went back into Mahon later that evening to have a meal at a restaurant, a few beers and then back to the hotel for a few more.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Brookey & BeersBrookey & Beers
Brookey & Beers

Brookey drinks away his sorrows after getting out to Longy


Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0226s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb