B2 Travel Blog #2


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Aragon
September 26th 2013
Published: September 26th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Who is a historical person from Aragon,Spain?

The article that I recently read was about a Spanish princess named Catherine of Aragon. Catherine of Aragon was born on December 16, 1485. What got my attention was how the region Aragon in Spain was part of her last name. While reading the article I found it interesting on how she was a princess and married two different princes'. Throughout her life as a princess, Catherine only had one child that lived which was a girl named Mary I.

Catherine was born Alcala de Henares in Spain and settled to England in the year of 1502 to England. The article gave a few details on her life. For example, she married Arthur Prince of Wales at the age of Catherine being 16 and Prince Arthur being 15. Later in life he died in 1502. Catherine married Henry VIII but then was divorced from him in 1533. Catherine had six pregnancies which five didn't turn out so well because her children died and only Mary I was left. She was an important person in Aragon, Spain because she was an actual Spanish princess there.

http://www.historyonthenet.com/Historical_People/catherine_aragon.htm

Advertisement



Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.038s; cc: 10; qc: 28; dbt: 0.044s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb