Quick stop in Spain


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Andalusia » Seville
July 13th 2006
Published: July 14th 2006
Edit Blog Post

There's always plenty of Hotels and hostels in Sevilla it seems, had no problems finding somewhere to stay. Just stayed one night since we didn't really have anything specific to do in Sevilla. We just wanted to do the crossing to Marocco as soon as possible.

After another few hours of trains, we switched to the last one bound for Algeciras and were promptly thrown off together zwith all the other passengers by a grumphy conductor. He were saying something about a fire in spanish and that the train could not leave, there would be a bus to take us instead. Waited for the bus for about an hour, then we could board the train again since the fire was now under control.

During the trip we saw the burnt grass still smoking next to the rail tracks and the one fire-truck driving back and forth putting out several small fires. When one was ahead of us, the train would stop and wait for the fire-brigade to put it out before passing as to not get smoke into the ventilation.

Finally we arrived in Algeceiras only to find out all the ferry companies cancelled their cooperation with Interrail and Eurail three months ago. The full-fare tickets are surprisingly enough cheaper with the fast ferries (assuming you buy two-way tickets) then with the slow ferries. Obviously we opted for the fast one. The guy at the train station said the ferry would be delayed about an hour so we were in no rush. When we got to the ferry the departure screens claimed it would be leaving as scheduled... The ticket personal also claimed it was on time. The guy at the train station probaby had some good connections because the ferry left 45 minutes late.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Leaving EuropeLeaving Europe
Leaving Europe

On the ferry to Morocco


Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 13; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0522s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb