Last day in Portugal


Advertisement
Portugal's flag
Europe » Portugal » Algarve » Albufeira
July 11th 2006
Published: July 14th 2006
Edit Blog Post

After recommendations from the ticket clerk we took the train from Porto to Albufeira, a small city not even om our map, but close to Faro in the south of Portugal. It was supposed to be the "party town" of Portugal - something we just had to see...

We arrived there at about 22.30 or so, at the train station far out of the city centre. The plan was to catch a bus from there but as we soon discovered the last one left at 19.00. Waited a while by the taxi stop with a bunch of other tourists and then decided walking looked like a good option since no taxis wanted to turn up and the central taxi number had no cabs to send. Some local couple stopped us though, claiming it wasn't a good option - too far and not safe they claimed.

Two portuguese guys and girls suggested Pri take a ride with them and they'd send a cab for me and Viking later - yeah right... We opted for calling the hotel and they managed to get us a cab instead. This would've been a good way for the taxis to make good money, just turn up and over-charge the tourists that are likely to come with the same train each day...

It would've been a bad idea to walk, way too long. The clerk was right about the nightlife though, lots of bars, tourists and dancing everywhere - each trying to play louder then the other.

After a late dinner we called it a night and the next morning we caught the bus to the train-station, the train to the last stop in Portugal, the boat over to Spain and then the bus to Sevilla.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0409s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb