Sevilla


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Andalusia » Seville
January 29th 2006
Published: January 29th 2006
Edit Blog Post

So this weekend, I did my first overnight trip without NYU. I took the 6 hour bus(round trip=29 Euros) instead of the 2 hour speed train(round trip=120 Euros). It wasn't so bad. On the way there, they showed "Dr Jekyll and Mrs Hyde". It was an old american movie dubbed in Spanish, but i watched it through without headphones, which was better than hearing the Spanish. It was pretty funny.
We had a lot of fun and took a lot of pictures, so you can hear about my adventures through them.
The shopping there was great, but I only bought 2 pairs of shoes, a pair of sneakers for running and black heels for going out. Both were only 6 euro each. Yelena also bought 2 pairs of shoes but for 70 euro together.
The ride back they showed "The Good Girl" in Spanish of course, but because I've seen it, I basically narrated the entire film. It was fun. Okay, check out the pictures...


Additional photos below
Photos: 72, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

The Hostel roomThe Hostel room
The Hostel room

It was a quad. Yelena and I shared this bed. It was technically only one night, but we checked in at 6 in the morning, when our bus came in and slept til 10.
The other sideThe other side
The other side

Oh, and we had our own bathroom.
My travelmatesMy travelmates
My travelmates

So, Howard, Zach, and Yelena. It basically rained the whole first day, but none the second even though it was supposed to rain the enitre weekend.
The Weeping VirginThe Weeping Virgin
The Weeping Virgin

The huge attraction to this place is the weeping virgin, but i couldn't get very close to show the crystal tears on her face.
A floatA float
A float

This is a 3 ton float with a scene of Jesus' sentencing. Every Good Friday 48 men carry this as well as many other heavy floats all around town for over 12 hours with only their feet showing.
A surviving piece of the 12th century wallA surviving piece of the 12th century wall
A surviving piece of the 12th century wall

Did I mention that this is Neighborhood, Macarena, and yes it's the one that a local dance band changed the world with "The Macarena"
Museo Museo
Museo

More than the art, they had great little gardens
The ceiling.The ceiling.
The ceiling.

They had these round benches and we all sat, looked up, and just talked about religion and stuff for over half an hour. It was nice.


30th January 2006

Stealing
Oh cassie didn't your parents teach you that stealing is wrong!!! Your pictures are amazing...Miss you!!!
12th February 2006

Thanks, Cassie
Hi Cassie, I am Zack's mom and I really enjoyed your pics. Thanks for the descriptions; especially the note on shopping. Zack's reports never discuss shopping details, so that was a thrill. Hope your shoes worked out and that you were able to enjoy the "fruits" of your labors!

Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0293s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb