Getting Our Walk On!


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Andalusia » Seville
May 8th 2008
Published: May 8th 2008
Edit Blog Post

May 3, 2008

Julie and I have wanted to go to a Sevilla Futbol Club game, a soccer game, so this morning we made the hour walk over to the stadium to get tickets. We’re pretty sure we have nose-bleed seats, but it’s okay because we’re going for the experience. We went to the store to buy some apparel so we could show we were Sevilla fans. Then we started walking back home.

We had seen a lot of police officers during the day and didn’t know why, until we got to Sierpes. There was a procession lined up like those from Semana Santa. Since we didn’t have anything else to do we waited around to see what it was. Apparently we look like Spanish girls who know everything, because three people came up to us and asked what was going on! Finally, the procession started, and there was a paso like those from Semana Santa, but with a lady (kind of looked like Mary), a sheep, a ton of flowers and a tree. It was really pretty. There was a sign hanging up that said Divina Pastora de Triana, which means Divine Shepherd of Triana, so that is probably who was on the paso, but I don’t know what that signifies.

We walked around some more and went shopping a little more, til it was time to head back for lunch. After lunch, I met up with Theresa and Katie to buy tickets for the bus to take us to Madrid to catch the flight to Paris next weekend.

Then Julie and I met Katie and Mary Ellen to go shopping. First, we had to stop for some ice cream, though, because it has been so warm today. Then we went through Santa Cruz and walked around. Julie and I went to a couple more stores before heading home for a few minutes.

It was back out for us as we met Katie and Mary Ellen again for tapas at En Ca’R Conde. It was very similar to 100 Montaditos, but not as good, although I don’t think anything can be as good as that! I had a sandwich with 3 cheeses and another with tuna and cheese. After we were all done, Julie and I walked home, ate some chocolate, and watched "American Pie" before going to bed.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.214s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 56; dbt: 0.1694s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb